Help us return the P-3 Orion Airtankers to service
The US Forest Service is short of the required Large Air Tankers and has not had the resources to aggressively fight fire when necessary.
We can help the US Forest Service by providing relief when they do not have enough tanker resources.
- Firefighters first on scene of the Eiler fire north of Redding requested airtanker support but were denied until two days later, when the fire was out of control
- 8 homes and 23,000 charred acres later, that fire was contained.
- There were 6 P-3 Orion airtankers only 40 minutes away, but without a contract, they were unable to provide assistance.
- In 2002, there were 48 Large Air Tanker pre-positioned around the US, ready for initial attack to suppress wildfires before they were out of control.
- As of December 2014, there are only 17 Large Air Tankers available
- @WilliamShatner The term would be Godspeed! 😉2 weeks ago
- Cash in on that young body https://t.co/BQj70oGZtl5 months ago
- I'm Batman. https://t.co/i3UiYraPgL1 year ago
- @JudgeClayJ I am in Nevada, and saw you on TV. I fought fires from the air over Texas in 2011, and love your state… https://t.co/hbm4h4kyyY1 year ago
Warning: stristr() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/customer/www/orionaff.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/custom-facebook-feed/inc/CFF_Utils.php on line 505
Please enter the Page ID of the Facebook feed you'd like to display. You can do this in either the Custom Facebook Feed plugin settings or in the shortcode itself. For example, [custom-facebook-feed id=YOUR_PAGE_ID_HERE].
As we gain sponsors for our campaign we will add their logos and links in this section. Keep posted as this section will be growing in our effort to Save the P3s!