Help us return the P-3 Orion Airtankers to service
The US Forest Service is short of the required Large Air Tankers and has not had the resources to aggressively fight fire when necessary.
We can help the US Forest Service by providing relief when they do not have enough tanker resources.
- Firefighters first on scene of the Eiler fire north of Redding requested airtanker support but were denied until two days later, when the fire was out of control
- 8 homes and 23,000 charred acres later, that fire was contained.
- There were 6 P-3 Orion airtankers only 40 minutes away, but without a contract, they were unable to provide assistance.
- In 2002, there were 48 Large Air Tanker pre-positioned around the US, ready for initial attack to suppress wildfires before they were out of control.
- As of December 2014, there are only 17 Large Air Tankers available
- Presumptuous https://t.co/Y43GOx9lfY49 minutes ago
- @lindyli Admiring positive aspects of other countries, isn’t an endorsement of the negaitve. As we do with out ment… https://t.co/VoY3oqcJF43 days ago
- What a child. If you don’t like your seat, buy another one next time. Also, she apparently stayed forward, at his r… https://t.co/tUZUJkzy1o7 days ago
- @JeffreyToobin did the defense add new evidence in the form of a State Dept email?3 weeks ago
As we gain sponsors for our campaign we will add their logos and links in this section. Keep posted as this section will be growing in our effort to Save the P3s!